Flooding hits some part of the US every day and Americans have traditionally turned to sandbags to try to keep the floodwater out of their homes and businesses.
The damage caused by floodwater is huge with the National Flood Insurance Program estimating that repairs for damage caused by just 1 inch of floodwater in a 1,000 square foot home to cost more than $10,000.
But sandbags are far from the only answer and more and more Americans are turning to alternative sandbags called FloodSax® which are space-saving to store as they are vacuum-packed and quick and easy to deploy.
Before they are activated FloodSax® resemble pillowcases and are incredibly lightweight, amazingly weighing just a few ounces yet once expanded a row of standard 500mm by 450mm by 200mm FloodSax® are strong enough to stop a powerful torrent of water in its tracks. Each row of FloodSax will keep around 20cms (8ins) of water out and have proved themselves as flood barriers time and again worldwide.
So here are the reasons why Americans love them – almost 3 million FloodSax® have been sold worldwide, many of them in the USA.
- Although sandbags are sometimes provided in USA states you normally have to fill the bags yourself and, in some cases, only the sand is provided so you have to buy the bags too. This is time-consuming when you often don’t have much time and how many sandbags can you fit in your car … they are exceptionally heavy.
- Sandbags must be replaced regularly costing thousands of pounds for big companies and authorities that need palletised sandbags ready all year round for any emergency.
- Sandbags can deteriorate if stored for a long time, especially in cold, damp warehouses.
- Sandbags are exceptionally unwieldy to lift and handle with all kinds of health, safety and manual handling technique problems for staff who have to use them at businesses.
- Sandbags are messy with the sand easily washed out and adding to all the damage if they burst.
- Sandbags are difficult and expensive to transport anywhere due to their weight. One box of 20 FloodSax is equal to 20 sandbags on a pallet.
- Sandbags need a lot of people to move any number of sandbags anywhere.
- FloodSax® are easy to store and can be vacuumed-packed to save even more room.
- FloodSax® are always there for peace of mind. No panic to buy sandbags if a flood is forecast.
- FloodSax® can be expanded in water right next to where you need them and stay taut until flood subsides.
- FloodSax® are lightweight before they are used with the standard bag weighing just a few ounces so can be used by people who would not be able to lift sandbags.
- Thousands of FloodSax® can be quickly transported in a van, saving on fuel, wages, manpower and the impact on the environment.
- FloodSax® can be stored in small depots around the area, not one huge central store so can be taken even more quickly to the scene.
- FloodSax® can be expanded and put down the toilet to block it from filthy water being forced up by the floodwater backing up through the drains and sewer.
- FloodSax are multi-functional and in their dry state can be used indoors to dry up leaks and spills, especially in hard-to-reach spaces such as beneath pipes and floorboards.
To buy FloodSax® quickly in the US go to https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019C6C578/